Published 5 June 2019 • Hosted by Katie Molloy and Melissa Savage
Hot on the heels of the mega-hit Bohemian Rhapsody, Elton John gets the movie musical treatment from uncredited Rhapsody (co-)director Dexter Fletcher and hot Welsh double threat Taron Egerton. Unlike that film, Rocketman takes a more fantastical approach, crafting a good old fashioned musical from Elton’s wonderful back catalogue. Unusually for a biopic, it also benefits from the involvement of its subject, who is not afraid to share the less filmic aspects of his life.
|00:00:00||Intro and spoiler-free section|
- Rocketman (2019) - IMDb
- Press Gang (TV Series 1989–1993) - IMDb
- Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) - IMDb
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012) - IMDb
- Elton John's Real-Life Costume Designers Talk
- 'Rocketman': Elton John's outrageous outfits are the shining stars
- Meet the costume designer behind the outrageous looks in 'Rocketman'
- Be More Chill (musical) - Wikipedia
- Sing (2016) - IMDb
- Elton John: 'They wanted to tone down the sex and drugs. But I haven’t led a PG-13 life' | Global | The Guardian